Marsha S. Cadogan, Bsc. LLB. LLM. PhD (Intellectual Property Rights Law) Of the Bar of Ontario – Principal
Marsha S. Cadogan is an intellectual property rights lawyer. Her practice focuses on IP, technology and food law from a domestic and international law perspective. Marsha’s experience in comparative and international intellectual property rights law allows her to approach IP issues from a global perspective, but with local relevance. Her PhD focused on intellectual property rights (Osgoode Hall Law School) and she is called to Bar of Ontario (2014 call). She is also the founder of Canaan Bridges Consulting Inc.
Marsha volunteers part of her time to many Canadian and international based associations including:
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada’s (IPIC)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI); Canadian representative on AIPPI’s Standing Committee on Geographical Indications.
- The International Law Association (Canadian chapter) – member of the Board of Directors.
- Canadian Association of Food Law and Policy (Operations Committee, Co-chair, 2021)
- Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A and Canada – Chair, High Technology Sector startups subcommittee)
- Standards Council of Canada (Canadian expert to Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology Technical Committee on legally binding smart contracts and governance issues)