Marsha S. Cadogan, Bsc. LLB. LLM. PhD (Intellectual Property Rights Law) Of the Bar of Ontario – Principal
Marsha S. Cadogan is an intellectual property rights lawyer who focuses on the domestic and international law aspects of intellectual property rights. Her practice focuses on all aspects of protecting and enforcing trademark rights, copyrights, trade secrets, geographical indications, industrial designs, plant breeders rights and emerging technologies and intellectual property. Her experience in comparative and international intellectual property rights law allows her to approach IP issues from a global perspective, but with domestic relevance. She has a PhD in intellectual property rights (Osgoode Hall Law School) and is called to Bar of Ontario (2014 call). She is also consultant with Canaan Bridges Consulting.
Marsha also volunteers extensively in a number of international and national law and business based organizations, and is member of the following bodies:
- Law Society of Ontario
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada’s (IPIC)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI); Canadian representative for AIPPI’s Standing Committee on Geographical Indications.
- International Law Association (Canadian chapter) – Board member
- Canadian Association of Food Law and Policy (Operations Committee, 2020 Practitioner Co-chair)
- Licensing Executives Society
- Standards Council of Canada (Canadian expert on Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology Technical Committee)